Sunday, August 22, 2010

Peaches

I never really tasted a "true" peach before until yesterday.  I like nectarines so I am not sure why I never really like "peaches"...it was probably my first encounter with a "peach pie" in college - canned fruits are never the same as the real fruit are they?! I am guessing I didn't like the texture or the taste and swore the fruit off for good... until now.


I went peach picking yesterday and tried one...and now there is no turning back! This round, juicy fruit is now one of my favorite things to eat.  So small, so delicious and so many things I could do with it - eat it raw, bake it in a pie, make jam, grill it...the list goes on! This wonderful fruit is not only tasty but has no fat or sodium and is a great source of vitamins A and C...so not just a tasty snack, but a healthy one too!

SO pick up a peach and enjoy one of my favorite foods!  What's you favorite fruit?

2 comments:

  1. You should visit Georgia for our juicy peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I like peaches too but like your experience with canned fruit, I have never tried real apricot because I was turned off by the canned variety! Might give it a shot! :-)

    ReplyDelete